
I still remember my first day of school way back in 1996. I hated stepping in the new campus and wanted to run back to kindergarten. I had even refused to give my admission tests, but, I was explained by my parents that i had to shift to a new school, so I forced myself to write my tests and give the interview well to get in the school. I clearly remember weeping uncontrollably and almost howling when my sister, who was already studying there, left me in my class on the first day of my school life. But then, as days and ultimately years passed by,there had been no looking back. Nath Valley School had truly been a home away from home.
I have faint memories of my primary school life. Well, I must say it was a learning phase- we learnt to play all sorts of games that might have existed. But what I did not realise then was that the people with whom I played those games would end up being my friends forever.

Then we shifted to the secondary section from the 5th grade. It was like entering the big bad world with a lot of new people, friends being in different sections, and increased school timings. The next few years revolved around silly fights with friends, tears for marks, working hard to be the teacher's favourite, everything being boys vs. girls and a lot more things. By now we were in the ' mean teens' when some friends turned foes, looks became more important than results, secret crushes on friends began,and everything that parents said seemed to be wrong. I recollect how we dreaded entering the 10th grade because we had to give our CBSE board exams and apart from that, for most of us it was the last year we were all together,and fortunately, these reasons led us to be more close and attached to each other. After we were done with our tenth grade, we(at least my friends and myself) made great plans of going to a different city for the next two years. But ultimately most of us landed back in school and I am so glad we did, because the next two years were probably the best years of my school life.
11th grade was a year of fun-filled activities like organizing the teacher's day programme, being given duties for the school annual day, organizing a farewell for our seniors, and especially our class trip to Hyderabad which was supposed to be an educational tour but we enjoyed it so much that it was more like a holiday with friends. Even for the teacher's day programme, we were responsible for the show in the 11th grade. We would have a blast during our practises. We would take permission from our teachers for practise, but we would all end up sitting in the green room of the amphitheatre listening to songs.12th grade was again a crucial year with the board exams and also it being the last year of my school life. Things about school that I can never forget throughout my entire life would be the innumerable excuses to go to the locker room between classes with friends and keep talking there, the breaks we would look forward to, spending the whole day in school on the Diwali mela, the bus journeys to school and back home and so much more...
I am sure we have all had our own personal experiences at school that we would cherish forever. These are some of my experiences and I can go on and on with them and I am sure a lot of people will agree with me when I say that school days are the best and the most fun-filled days of one's life. Although I am about to complete only one year of college, I really wish I could go back to school and relive every special moment,but unfortunately, those good old days will never come back...

nice memories.....you reminded my school days..
ReplyDeleteGood one... takes you back to your school days. I am sure all of us would have loads of stories to tell about our school days. The saddest part in the blog for me was - "those good old days will never come back!". Was able to completely relate to each and every line!
ReplyDeletehey... it so clrly mks me remember evry moment i spent at skul... we all frnds also hd so much of fun... all these memories r to b cherished thruout our lifes.. well written aishwarya.. gud job dne...
ReplyDeletei had tears in my eyes reading it...need i say anything more?!!
ReplyDeletei can never 4get my school days n yea my frenz n teachers ... had gr8ful memories in school ... thnx aishwarya u reminded us of school days
ReplyDeletemuaaaaah
hey it reminded me of those gud old days which will always b rembuhd as memories nd will neva cum bck :(..
ReplyDeleteur have touched the heart of mine by the words u have written... it remindes me of my good old times ... .those days will never come back but will remain as happy memories in ones life.. good job:):):):):):):):)
ReplyDeletevery well written .... really miss those days... thanku for reminding me those good old days... great job... :))))))))))))
ReplyDelete